What I miss about Basketball…
Oh, Basketball… how do I miss thee? Let me count the ways….
1. I miss trying to convince people that hard work is important.
2. I miss trying to encourage people to try hard when they feel like being huge babies.
3. I miss hearing people complain about: conditioning, shooting, practice, uniforms, fundraising, gametimes, gamedays, conditioning, me, team dinners, practice times, bus rules, coaches, conditioning….
4. I miss giving up my holidays and weekends to hang around people who want to do #3.
5. I miss trudging through stupid amounts of snow to get to practices that people don’t show up to and games that are cancelled.
6. I miss the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat.
7. I miss heckling officials.
8. I miss having a team to cheer for.
9. I miss watching people truly compete and never give up.
10. I miss people who REALLY love the game.. and know what that means: HARD WORK, TEAM COMMITMENT, SWEAT, FRUSTRATION, RESPECT, SETTING GOALS, ACHIEVING GOALS, TOUGHING IT OUT, WORKING IT OUT, SEEING IT THROUGH.
Life is short and LeBron James isn’t.
Love the game…
Good luck this season.