August is over in Hong Kong.
That is so strange because I distinctly remember being all jazzed for the New Year and now the year is almost over… or sort of.
I worked my butt off this month, which is alright because it is sooooooo damn hot over here it is nice to be inside sometimes. And I made more money this month than I ever have in a single month in my entire life. So that is cool. Now I am buying tickets to go to Bali and the Philippines… And maybe a trip to Bangkok for some shopping and a trip to mainland China to get some Taco Bell (desperate times call for desperate measures!)
Other interesting August moments include:
* Getting caught in a typhoon.
* Sweating so profusely I could qualify for an Olympic berth if it were a sport.
* Having my best friend call me up on August 28 and say “Happy Birthday!” and when I responded with confused silence she said, “Wait, isn’t your birthday April 28th?” [Hmm. I think I need to get home, someone needs help.]
* Reading 6 classic novels just to catch up with my Literature students.
* Realizing the A’s can’t always dominate August.
* Getting notice of my 20YEAR HIGH SCHOOL REUNION. Seriously. 20 freaking years. Woah. At least I have a year to get my brain around that!
**And… in one year from today I will be back home and in San Diego!**
So, getting old is not so bad, at least it has been interesting and enlightening and I have learned a lot…
FOr all of you who take the time to keep me up to date on what you are doing… thank you! I am amazed and impressed and proud of you all for doing it your way and taking chances and being true to yourselves.
Keep it up.