So, yeah. There are like, a million jokes about having “a case of the Mondays…” and all of that, and though I subscribe far more to the Lawrence way of thinking on this subject…
Peter Gibbons: Let me ask you something. When you come in on Monday and you’re not feeling real well, does anyone ever say to you, “Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays”?
Lawrence: No. No, man. Shit, no, man. I believe you’d get your ass kicked sayin’ something like that, man.
Sometimes I really just wonder: W.T.F.???
Today was one of those days where it just seemed like my entire day might be destined for a premium entry on the Fail Blog. Let’s just take a look at how it went.
1) Got up on time to get on the 5:35 a.m. ferry for yoga and even remembered my umbrella for this rubbish Hong Kong weather. (Win so far.) Then realized that due to scheduling issues beyond my control I would have to wait outside in the freezing cold rain for more than 45 minutes because, well that is how it goes on a rainy Monday morning in the dark. (Soggy Fail.)
2) Following two hours of yoga (totally FTW) I noted that I had three unanswered text messages on my phone regarding the annual New Year’s Eve junk trip. I delegated this year because I was just too busy to deal. Guess what? No junk. And with New Year’s just days away? Who knows what will be my plan now. (Delegation Fail.)
3) After dealing with several not-very-much-fun phone calls I initiated my errands. I have not a minute to spare for the next three days between work, an international houseguest and a pending vacation. First stop, aesthetician and all going according to plan. Phone rings. For today, we can assume this is going to be a call I do not wanna get. Yes. It is my hair salon telling me that my hairdresser is still in France and so will not be able to color my hair (obviously) tomorrow. The only day I have free. (Epic Gray Fail.)
4) Get to next errand (travel agent) sans cash to pay for the items I was picking up. (Lame Fail.)
5) Stop to exchange a gift and get distracted by sparkly things and suddenly realize that I am scheduled to start work an hour early today and I am not at work . (Short-Bus-Rider Fail.)
6) Arrive at the office and see that there are two ginormous new copy machines where our old ones used to be. These machines can do everything. Except apparently make copies and print shit from our network. (Office Space Fail.)
7) Get first lesson started and realize I need to pee – bad. Go to office bathroom. All stalls full. And multiple adolescents conversing on cell phones. To each other, I think. (Nearly Bladder Fail.)
8 ) Finish re-editing paper that I could not print and computer crashes. Bye-bye la. (Should-have-skipped-it Fail.)
9) Calling around for last-minute dinner reservations for NYE. Guess what? ALL booked. (Repeat Delegation Fail.)
10) With only two more hours to go at work, realize that I have not completed something that I was supposed to do and there is no way I can do it before I leave. (Should be a Total Fail, but really is more like Apathy Win.)
In spite of it all, and the fact that I am still juggling my schedule and feeling like WTF is wrong with people… I am in a fabulous mood. Don’t care about any of it.
Maybe it is because I am going back to Bali… Or maybe I really am just THAT evolved.
Nah, it’s Bali.