- Johnny Depp
- Is it ironic that this advertisement presents Angelina Jolie is posed on what I imagine is some tributary to Tonle Sap with a Louis Vuitton bag that cost the equivalent of several years’ annual income for a local in the area? [Or is she giving the money back to Cambodia? I don’t know, but if I had a US$ 2,000 handbag I sure as shit would not be lugging it through the backwaters of Southeast Asia.]
- The Burberry model looks a bit syndrome. That is not PC, but it doesn’t make it less true.
- I need a watch. Probably not Patek Philippe, but you know, a watch would be good.
- I should be grading papers.
- I wish there actually was a lip gloss that looked like the one in the Tom Ford adverts in real life. There is not, so don’t try to sell me on that.
- JOHNNY Depp.
- Emma Watson has done quite well for herself. Still, wish she would not have cut her hair. I wish my cats could refill my coffee even more than that, though.
- An “all business class airline” offering a $150 discount. That is funny. However, it made me look and though useless to me as it is only gonna get me from JFK to Paris, it is not that expensive.
- Guess has gone totally back to their 1980s ads. I guess it works, but I don’t really look at them because I feel like I have seen them all before. And Anna Nicole was such a hot mess she really brought that extra “something”.
- Elizabeth Warren and Stockard Channing look a lot alike. Interesting that they embedded the article on Channing’s play into the Warren article. I think Warren is a total BAMF. [Warren article is really good. Vote for her, MA.]
- So, because a lot of the Occupy Cal protestors were carrying signs that said, “I stand with Bartleby.” I investigated and am now reading the Melville short story, Bartleby the Scrivener: A Story of Wall Street and Melville’s Moby Dick is profiled in the mag this month as a masterpiece that “remains supremely relevant – a survival manual in times of crisis, a challenge to the Ahabs of every century, and an expression of democracy’s “divine equality””. I love synchronicity.
- There is such a thing as “voguepedia”? Not sure how I feel about this.
- I need to grade papers.
- The article on Norman Mailer is excellent.
- Michelle Williams and Dougray Scott are well cast as Marilyn and Arthur Miller in the upcoming film.
- An entire article on how messed up California is. Obviously from the desk of “No Fucking Shit”. Using Vallejo as your case study seems especially silly. Vallejo? Have you been there? Sheesh.
- Courtney Love is 47? Shit. She is a guilty pleasure of mine but she is seriously Mickey Rourke-ing her face. And this quote is agitating: “I am not punk rock anymore, I’m the liberal elite.” Maybe because that seemingly unavoidable transition has become cliché.
- Johnny DEPP.
- Grade papers.
- But the article is called: “The Hunter in Johnny Depp.” Like I am going to leave that for later? No.
But now, I must get more coffee and so perhaps I will grade some papers. After all, it is still raining and the cats are not fucking up anything at the moment.
Rather #winning for a gray Sunday.
Top photo: California College of the Arts, Saturday, November 19, 2011 by author
Bottom: “FanFare” from Vanity Fair Magazine, November 2011, photo of photo, by author