I have a lot to say about myself, but it may be better left to the imagination.
If it was not for the interesting deviations of my daily existence, I would probably be bored.
I once mistook boredom for contentment.
I hope not to make that same mistake again.
Here are some [random] things about me:
- My favorite store in the whole wide world is 7-11. Any country, any flavor. Oh, thank Heaven for 7-11. I have photographs of 7-11s (the authentic and the inauthentic) from every country I have visited.
- I love Sharpie Markers even though they seep through paper. I love their permanence and the resultant disregard for errors. I have personal use and decoy sets of Sharpie Markers. I will not let people use my personal stash of Sharpies because I know they will: a) crush the tips, b) put them back all haphazardly and mixed up, and c) people should simply understand the purpose of the decoy Sharpies.
- I smell everything before using it, but not afterward. This has spawned many discussions and in some cases some tricky situations. Before I will eat something I smell it. Same for drinks. I also will smell every piece of clothing I put on first, including shoes. I smell books, pens, blankets, pillows. I smell my shampoo everytime, and it is always the same shampoo. This also applies to boys.
- I do not have any debt/I love my job. I believe these are probably linked somehow. I am fortunate to do work I enjoy, which is not to be confused with wanting to work all the time or support people who are not working.
- I dry the sink after I use it, always. Kitchen and bathroom and I am talking about the basin not the counter, though in all honesty, I dry that too.
- I read books and watch DVDs in the order in which I get them (and therefore stack them) on my shelves. I do not deviate from this.
- I often feel that inanimate objects have feelings and this changes the way I look at them and what I do with them. I may be more considerate of the inanimate than the animate at times.
- I am aware that I am a totally crappy dancer and singer and I don’t care at all, I still do both.
- I read the World Almanac. It is one of my favorite books.
- I love synchronicity, alliteration, randomness, order and conundrums.
- I floss my teeth at least two times everyday.
- I love shoes in an entirely inappropriate way. And though I used to say with pride that I did not wear the same pair in the same month, I have been wearing the same pair of shoes to work now for an entire year. One pair. Call it maturity or insanity or the dumb luck of being a US size 10 in Hong Kong.
- I have been treated in hospitals in the US, Mexico, Greece, Thailand and Hong Kong. In spite of this I believe that I am a very healthy person. I also always seem to have very good health insurance.
- I am prone to falling for concepts over realities. It is a constant issue in my life. I hope that I can conceptualize reality soon. Or just meet Benicio del Toro and call it a day.